This bacon tomato pasta is the easiest and the most flavorful pasta you will ever try. It only takes 20 minutes to whip up, plus, it is done perfectly gluten-free and dairy-free.
Whenever we get cravings for pasta, this has been our go to recipe for the longest time. It is so quick and easy to put together in less than 20 minutes. A generous portion of bacon gives a wonderful amount of umami, making any additional seasoning unnecessary. Fresh rosemary is used for a bit of aroma, which can also be replaced with a dried type.
While you wait for the pasta to boil, you can get everything done for the sauce. Chop up the onion, garlic and bacon, cook in the pan with the tomato sauce, and you are all set to go.
When the pasta is boiled and drained, you simply toss in the sauce. That’s it. Can it be any easier than this?
My favorite gluten free pasta
After trying a wide range of gluten free pasta brands, my absolute favorite has been ZENB pasta. They are made from 100% yellow peas which means extra plant based protein in your meal! Their short pasta 'Rotini' especially has that bouncy texture that is lacking in many gluten free pastas (not sponsored, this is my honest review!).
Ingredients for bacon tomato pasta
- Gluten-free short pasta - I like ZENB Rotini pasta
- Canned tomato sauce
- Fresh rosemary - dried type works as well
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Dairy free sour cream or cashew yogurt
- Olive oil to drizzle
How to make bacon tomato pasta
1. Boil the pasta according to the package.
2. In a separate pan, heat up some oil, then cook the garlic and onion until tender.
3. Add in the bacon and cook.
4. Add the tomato sauce and rosemary. Simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
5. Take out the rosemary. Add cooked pasta into the sauce and toss. Adjust with salt & pepper.
6. Garnish with rosemary, dairy free sour cream or cashew yogurt, drizzle some olive oil!
You May Also Like...
Gluten-free Dairy-free Bacon Tomato PastaCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This is the easiest tomato pasta with so much bacon flavor. You will only need 20 minutes to whip up this delicious meal and it is done perfectly gluten and dairy free.
1 ½ cup (120g) gluten-free dry short pasta
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 cup (200g) chopped bacon
1 can (15oz/ 425g) tomato sauce
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Salt & pepper to taste
- Toppings (optional)
Dairy free sour cream or cashew yogurt
Olive oil to drizzle
- Boil the pasta according to the package.
- In a separate pan, heat up some oil, then cook the garlic and onion until tender.
- Add in the bacon and cook.
- Add the tomato sauce and rosemary. Simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Take out the rosemary. Add cooked and drained pasta into the sauce and toss. Adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Optional: garnish with rosemary, dairy free sour cream or cashew yogurt, drizzle some olive oil!
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary can be substituted with 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary.
- This recipe can be doubled.