A bowl of spicy Sichuan peanut noodles is the way to go when you are short on time! These noodles are smothered in tangy nutty sauce infused with numbing Sichuan peppers.
If you had 10 minutes to whip up your food, what would you make? Whenever I am in the mood for noodles, this is what I go for. It just hits the spot no matter what.
These noodles are tangy and savory but have a subtle sweetness from the peanut butter. The spicy kick from the chili oil perfectly enhances the flavor. On top of that, the star ingredient Sichuan pepper gives a soothing numbing sensation which makes this dish so unique.
The Addictive Sauce
This lip smacking sauce is so satisfying that you won’t believe how easy it is to make. Once you ground the Sichuan peppercorns, all you need to do is to mix all the ingredients for the sauce in one bowl.
Make sure the sauce is ready before the noodles are cooked so you can toss them immediately and dig in while they are hot!
Ingredients for spicy Sichuan peanut noodles
- Gluten-free dry ramen noodles - My favorite is this one from Lotus Foods. You may also substitute with rice noodles if it is hard to find good GF ramen noodles.
- Unsweetened natural peanut butter - Use a runny type instead of solid ones such as Skippy brand.
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Chili oil - I use a simple oil like this one, but you may use the one with garlic as well.
- Sichuan numbing pepper - It's the best to use freshly ground pepper. You can purchase the peppercorns online.
How to make spicy Sichuan peanut noodles
1. Combine all ingredients for the sauce together and stir well.
2. Cook the noodles according to the package. Drain and toss in the sauce.
3. Serve with more ground Sichuan pepper, scallions, and sesame on top.
Make ahead option
While the noodles are not recommended to be cooked in advance, the sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, wrapped tightly. Before using, make sure to warm up in the microwave or over the stovetop and give a quick stir.
More Noodle Recipes...
10-minute Spicy Sichuan Peanut Noodles
- 5 ounces gluten-free dry ramen noodles for 2 servings
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon ground Sichuan pepper
- Ground Sichuan pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Roasted white sesame
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce together and stir well.
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Drain and toss in the sauce.
- Serve with more ground Sichuan pepper, scallions and sesame on top.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.