Coconut shrimp noodles are packed with vibrant flavors thanks to the garlic, fish sauce, spices and coconut milk. Toss the rice noodles in the creamy rich sauce and enjoy them with juicy plump shrimps!
This dish is quick and easy to put together in under 20 minutes and is loaded with umami rich flavors. The coconut cream and fish sauce add an exotic pop, bringing the sauce to the next level.
In this recipe, chewy springy rice noodles are used, making it perfectly gluten-free (and dairy free).
Since the noodles are tossed and finished in a large pan, it is a great idea to bring it out on the table and serve family style.
How to Prepare Rice Noodles
Rice noodle is a perfect option when it comes to gluten-free cooking. They are made from rice and have a chewier bouncier texture than wheat based noodles.
You can cook them in boiling water just like regular pasta. Then drain the water well using a strainer.
If you are able to time everything right, you may transfer the noodles right into the sauce and toss. If you need a little more time (even a few minutes), rinse the noodles under running water to prevent them from cooking further. Then drizzle 2 teaspoons of oil and toss gently to avoid sticking.
Ingredients for This Recipe
- Avocado oil - or any neutral tasting oil
- Grated ginger
- Shrimps - thawed from frozen, or fresh
- Ground turmeric
- Cumin powder
- Smoked paprika powder
- Yellow bell pepper - or any color
- Full fat coconut milk - canned type
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Dry flat rice noodles - I use medium width type
- Fish sauce
- Ground pepper
How to Make Coconut Shrimp Noodles
1. Cook the rice noodles and drain well.
2. In a large pan, cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add in the shrimps, turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika and cook for one minute over high heat.
4. Add in the bell pepper, coconut milk, drained tomatoes, salt, fish sauce and let simmer for three minutes.
5. Add the cooked noodles into the sauce and toss.
Optional: garnish with cilantro leaves and ground pepper.
*See below recipe card for detailed instructions.
Prepare all the ingredients first so you can work fast once you start cooking!
More Noodle Recipes...
Quick Coconut Shrimp Nooldes
- 12 oz dry flat rice noodles I use medium width
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper (or any color) thinly sliced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk 13.5 fl oz
- 1 can diced tomato 14.5 oz, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce adjust to your liking
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package and drain well. If you are not using the noodles immediately, rinse under water to avoid cooking further, then drizzle 2 teaspoon oil and toss.
- Heat up the avocado oil in a large pan or wok. Cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the shrimps, turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika and cook for one minute over high heat.
- Add in the bell pepper, coconut milk, drained tomatoes, salt, fish sauce and let simmer for three minutes.
- Add the noodles into the sauce and toss gently.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro leaves.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.