These delicious smoked salmon canapes are arranged with flavorful miso cream cheese spread and crunchy rice crackers. They are easy to assemble and guaranteed crowd pleasers! Made with vegan cream cheese, this recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free.
This recipe truly works great as a finger food or appetizer with a unique Asian twist.
Whenever I make these, the guests dive in thinking they are regular western style canapes. Then they come back asking, ‘Wow what’s in here?’.
The miso infused vegan cream cheese spread is full of umami with a perfect amount of salty-sweetness. Rice crackers add a roasty flavor with a nice crunch.
They are super quick and easy to put together with readily available ingredients. I contemplated if I should even make this into a recipe... It’s that easy!
Ingredients for This Recipe
- Rice crackers - I use small ones with 4.5cm diameter. You may substitute with any cracker you like!
- Vegan (non-dairy) cream cheese
- Miso - make sure to use a gluten-free type.
- Smoked salmon
- Black pepper
Making smoked salmon canapes with miso cream cheese
1. Mix the cream cheese and miso in a small bowl.
2. Arrange the rice crackers on a plate and spread the cream cheese mix on the crackers with a teaspoon.
3. Top with smoked salmon, chives and ground black pepper.
Can I double this recipe?
The recipe is for 12 canapes but feel free to double or triple the ingredients depending on the party size you are serving for.
Make ahead option
The miso cream cheese can be made up to two days in advance. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Microwave for 10 - 20 seconds, or leave on the counter for about an hour to make it easily spreadable.
Chives can be cut and stored in the fridge in advance as well.
You May Also Like...
- Teriyaki Garlic Edamame
- Easy Hamachi Crudo (Yellowtail Carpaccio)
- Tricolor Orange Salad
- Baked Chicken Meatballs
Smoked Salmon Canape with Miso Cream Cheese
- 12 rice crackers I use 2-inch diameter size
- 2 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 ounces smoked salmon cut into an inch pieces
- chopped chives
- ground black pepper
- Mix the cream cheese and miso in a small bowl.
- Arrange the rice crackers on a plate and spread the cream cheese mix on the crackers with a teaspoon.
- Top with smoked salmon, chives and ground black pepper.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.