This turmeric cashew chicken has juicy chicken thighs with crunchy bell pepper and cashew nuts, seasoned with fragrant spices. Enjoy this quick and easy dish with a warm bowl of rice!
Not only is this turmeric cashew chicken scrumptious, it comes together in under 20 minutes which makes it perfect for weekday dinners. It is flavor packed with a simple combination of spices - turmeric, smoked paprika and cumin which are also natural immune boosters.
While it has a take-away food vibe, it is way healthier with less sodium, sugar, and fat. Pair with noodles, rice or even a bed of leaves and dive in!
Secret to tender juicy meat
A quick marinating is the key to the tender texture. All you need to do is to rub salt and sake into the chicken and let sit for 10 minutes. This simple step helps the meat stay nice and fluffy - even after the meat has cooled.
The salt also sinks into the meat during this time, so you will get a perfect amount of flavor without adding too much seasonings.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Sake - any cooking wine or dry white wine works
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Unsalted cashew nuts - salted cashews will make this dish too salty
- Ground turmeric
- Smoked paprika powder
- Onion powder
- Ground cumin
How to make turmeric cashew chicken
1. Rub salt and sake into the chicken and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up the olive oil in a pan. Cook the chicken until fully done.
3. Add in the bell pepper, cashews, spices and cook for another minute.
4. Adjust with salt & pepper.
*See below recipe card for detailed directions.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! Simply double the ingredients and cook for the same amount of time.
Storing and reheating directions
Store the turmeric cashew chicken in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Microwave to heat up, or warm up in a wok or a pan on the stovetop.
More Chicken Recipes...
Turmeric Cashew Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sake or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup cashew nuts unsalted
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a bowl. Rub in the salt and sake. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan. Cook the chicken until fully done.
- Add in the bell pepper, cashews, spices (turmeric, smoked paprika, onion powder, cumin) and cook for another minute.
- Adjust with salt and pepper.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.